Weeknight Pasta Eggplant Parmesan
My Weeknight Pasta Eggplant Parmesan tastes just like Eggplant Parmesan without all of the hassle. It’s a quick, easy sauce that is so simple and delicious served perfectly with your favorite pasta.
Do you ever have those nights that you would love to have a certain meal but it takes so long to prepare that it isn’t an option? Something like Eggplant Parmesan? It takes way to long to make on a weeknight but now you have another option, a weeknight pasta version of eggplant parmesan.
Today was a long day. I tried to quit my full-time day job and it didn’t go as I planned. I ended up staying and helping out, did payroll and handled the day-to-day things as normal. What should have been a very short amount of time turned into a day that was much longer than anticipated. I got home late and knew there was no way dinner would be on the table in time. So, I improvised and I am happy to say that I got the same great flavor of Eggplant Parmesan in a pasta dish in less than half of the time! Plus it put me in a good mood after my day going not like I had planned!
I know y’all are probably thinking who quits their job and keeps working? Apparently I do! I have guilt. I feel bad leaving a job in a predicament; where the payroll may not get done; or knowing that they will struggle handling my duties; or that no one will be there to fight the good fight to make sure employees are treated properly. Even though I am taken advantage of, taken for granted I still feel bad. Do y’all feel that way too? Or is this just something I am alone on? Oh well, it dinner time!
Craving more deliciousness? Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for new posts, updates and more. You can also contact me with any questions, comments or inquiries! You can also see this recipe and other from some amazing bloggers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage.
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups tomato sauce (I used a jar of Prego)
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the eggplant and shallot and sauté for 5 minutes. The eggplant should begin to brown a bit and the shallot should turn translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, parmesan, Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Add a little bit of the sauce to the egg to temper it, and mix.
- Add the egg back into the sauce and incorporate well.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- While the sauce is simmer cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions; drain.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and serve immediately.