Tacos? No. Pacos!
A grab and go food truck style breakfast. A pancake for a taco shell filled with thick cut crisp bacon, fried eggs and cheese!
Pacos? Tacos? What's the deal? Try breakfast on a pancake and folded into a taco shape. I know, awesome right?
Today's recipe comes to you curtesy of Mr. Steve and Miss Emma, on accident and out of attitude! My day starts at 5AM and from the second my feet hit the floor I've been running. Seriously, I threw on my robe and went to the greenhouse to water my garden, came in showered, did my hair and makeup, realized my clothes were wrinkled and then stood in my kitchen wrapped in my towel ironing, got dressed, fed the dogs, cats and fish and then fed the cats again because the dog ate their food, made myself breakfast and lunch to take to work, woke up Miss a Emma for the day and then it's off to work. After a 10 1/2 hour day there (I know, kill me now) I haul butt home grab Miss Emma and fly to town in order to make her call time for her gym's dress rehearsal for their showcase; that lasted until 8PM. Finally I made it home and surprise, surprise Mr. Steve made us breakfast for dinner. Talk about a lifesaver! God I love that man! He gets it and he knows!
He had thick cut bacon baked in the over, fried eggs with cheese and pancakes. I damn near cried; I was starving! I hadn't eaten all day! I know...but you said you made breakfast and lunch earlier and I did! It's still sitting my my kitchen counter-yep I forgot it!
So now you're probably thinking how does Miss Emma come in? Well, even though she is technically on summer vacation, she is enrolled in some online summer classes, gotta get a jump start on the high school credits. Anyhow knowing she has an essay due she tried to opt out of dinner. Ha, not! So after I was given the typical teenage eye-roll, Miss Emma says "fine". From there she grabs a pancake, smears syrup across it. Throw a cheesy egg and a strip of bacon on it and folds it in ha (like a taco) and proceeds to shove it down her throats in four (4) bites. I was shocked, amazed and impressed all at once. It is with this that I give to you Pacos! Pancakes tacos! So easy you husband can make 'me and your kids can inhale 'em!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425degrees F. Lay bacon out on a rack on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes; flip bacon and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add all the dry ingredients for the pancakes together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over mix as lots of lumps are best.
- Lightly grease the griddle with butter or oil. Pour ½ cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until the top starts to bubble a lot. Flip, and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Next fry your eggs and top with cheese.
- Glaze one side of the pancake with syrup. Top with egg, bacon and cheese; fold in half
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy hot!