Suns Up Bacon Waffles – a delicious take on breakfast. Waffles filled with crisp bacon, freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, topped with two Sunnyside up eggs and a drizzle of maple syrup. So good it could be a lunch, brunch or dinner too!
My family loves having breakfast for dinner. It’s a nice change and is always a hit around the dinner table. Plus I personally enjoy that it seems easier and faster to get on the table and into those empty bellies after a hectic day. Easy is a welcome thing in my book!
These waffles are fantastic. The little chunks of bacon mixed with syrup, melted cheese and bit of egg and yolk blend to give you a sweet and savory flavor explosion!
Come see more great recipes at Grandma's House DIY
- 1 package bacon strips
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper, plus extra cooking
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and brown, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let drain, then chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 egg, buttermilk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Add 1 cup bacon and ¾ cup cheddar cheese.
- Heat a waffle maker and coat with non-stick spray.
- Cook waffles in batches until golden.
- Heat skillet coated with non-stick spray over medium-high heat; cook remaining eggs until whites are set and yolks are still soft.
- Serve waffles with two eggs on top and garnish salt, pepper, a sprinkle of remaining bacon and cheese.