Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Subs
These Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Subs combine the delicious flavors of Italian Sausages with fresh red & green peppers, onion, spices, marinara sauce and cheese.
What are you serving for Monday Night Football? Me? I love to make these Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Subs because they are hearty, people pleasin’ and incredibly easy!
Alright y’all, you know I love me some Green Bay Packers and last night they played the Lions. That meant I had to have dinner cooked and ready to go by 6PM that way I didn’t miss any of the game. Add to that, the fact that I’m a busy person who handles way to much; I am a wife; a mom to a crazy busy kid; work a full-time job; handle our 6 dogs, 4 cats and 2 adult sons who live at home (equals constant mess); and a food blogger. Obviously some of y’all may or may not know much about being a food blogger and y’all might think that is ridiculous but its a 24-7 job. Seriously, I know some of you “get it.” But seriously I am stretched thin and on nights like last night, I NEED any easy option. Anyhow, naturally, I turned to my slow cooker! These subs are perfect for game days or an easy weeknight dinner for that matter!
These Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Subs are sure to become a new family favorite!
Whether you need to feed friends on gameday or want to put dinner on the table for the family, slow cooker Italian sausage, peppers, and onions is a no-fail recipe you’ll make year round.
Place everything in a crockpot and cook for 8+ hours.
Toast to melt cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 10 Italian Sausage links
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 25-oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 10 sub rolls
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the Italian sausage to the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Place the sausages in your crockpot.
- Add marinara, onion, red & green bell pepper and seasonings.
- Cover and turn on low for 8-10 hours.
- When ready to serve, place a sausage into a sub roll, top with some onion and pepper; top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- If you want it toasted, heat your sub roll with cheese for 5-6 minutes in a 400°F oven.