Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage - a slow cooked corned beef that gives you flavor packed, fall apart chunks of meat and tender veggies which makes for an unbelievably easy and delicious one-pot, look Ma no hands, kind of dinner.
Ah, the luck of the Irish! Can y'all believe that St. Patrick's Day is only a few weeks away? Seriously, where has this year gone? It seems like just yesterday it was New Years Day and now we're facing St. Patrick's Day. So, I am embracing it! Hence the Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner, the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! This one-pot crock pot dinner is always my go-to recipe for the holiday. The beef, carrots and potatoes are so tender and packed with flavor. I like to serve with some Irish Soda Bread for the complete holiday effect.
I know it's early but what do y'all say? Let's get out Irish on!
A slow cooked corned beef that gives you fall apart chunks of meat, tender, flavor infused veggies which makes for an unbelievably easy and delicious one-pot, look ma no hands, kind of dinner.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bag of carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
- 8 medium potatoes, cut into chunks (unpeeled)
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (4 pound)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange peel zest
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp Carrie’s Seasoning
- 4 cabbage wedges
- Place onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket.
- In a small bowl combine the apple juice, ground cloves, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard, Carrie’s seasoning and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 1/2 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add cabbage wedges; cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables.