Sesame Honey Drumsticks
My Sesame Honey Drumsticks are one of the tastiest and super-easy honey sesame chicken recipes. The chicken is sticky, sweet and savory giving you the ultimate, unbelievably crisp-tender drumstick that is perfect for all of your kid-friendly get-togethers!
Do you have friends who will be bringing their kiddos to your seasonal festivities? Well, let me tell y’all these super easy drumsticks are a total hit with children. You can prepare them in one big batch in advance. The bonus: kids don’t need utensils to eat them and they can be devoured while the adult have a moment to socialize with each other.
So yesterday was Sunday football and since we have Direct TV we have also added the NFL Sunday Ticket! By default this means that everyone comes to our house to watch the games and that means i need to have food! So yesterday I took the easy route and made these Sesame Honey Chicken Drumsticks. I made a double batch and then kept them warm in a crockpot and the kiddos and adults were able to help themselves AND I got to watch the Packers game! Simple, tasty and people-pleasin’ what more can a girl ask for?
Combine sauce ingredients.
Allow to marinade.
- 6 Tbsp honey
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest and soy sauce; set aside.
- Nestle the Drumsticks snugly into a large baking dish.
- Reserving half cup of the marinade for baking, for the rest into the ditch, turning each drumstick in full rotation so wait is evenly coated; cover and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the drumsticks on the baking sheet, skin side up, and sprinkle sesame seeds over the drumsticks.
- Make them for 45 minutes, brushing them with the reserve marinade it halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes; serve and enjoy.