Rosemary Balsamic Vegetable Steak Rolls
Sautéed garlic mushrooms and asparagus, topped with feta and blue cheeses then rolled up into grilled tender, juicy steak rolls topped with a drizzle of rosemary balsamic glaze.
Who loves steak? Who loves steak rolled up with asparagus, mushrooms and cheeses? My family sure does! This Rosemary Balsamic Vegetable Steak Rolls recipe is a hit! We love to grill; literally anything bar-b-qued is the best in our book. However, every now and then I like to mix things up a bit and make grilled steak rolls.
Have I mentioned that I also have a new propane grill??? I do! I love it! It is a Nexgrill Deluxe 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner and Built-In Searing Zone. This grill is freakin’ awesome! It has an Even-Heat System that distributes the heat evenly which gets rid of those hot-spots other grills have. It has a ton of surface space for grilling. Top that off with it’s angled flame-tapers which deflect heat and prevents flare-ups; you’ve got a winner my friends. Now, I know you’re probably thinking why worry about flare-ups BUT coming from someone who caught her grill on fire and almost burnt her house down last summer….TWICE! This is a massive bonus!
Cook the vegetables until crisp-tender.
Place a few of the vegetables on one end of each steak cutlet so that once rolled up the end of the vegetables are sticking out of each end of the steak roll.
Make the rosemary balsamic glaze.
Grill the steak rolls.
Serve immediately drizzled with the rosemary balsamic glaze. Brown rice makes a great addition.
- 8 thin slices flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dry red wine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup beef broth
- Sprinkle each steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the garlic, mushrooms and asparagus until crisp-tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place a few (I did 3 spears) of the asparagus pieces strips vertically on one end of each steak cutlet so that once rolled up the end of the asparagus are sticking out of each end of the steak roll. Top with mushrooms, feta and blue cheese.
- Roll it up, and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat for each steak roll.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add the garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, brown sugar and the rosemary sprigs and bring to a rapid boil; reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, return to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Prepare the grill and grill on each side for about 2 minutes or according to desired doneness.
- Serve immediately drizzled with the rosemary balsamic glaze. I serve mine over a bed of brown rice and it made a great accompaniment.