Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Butternut Squash
My Roast Garlic & Parmesan Butternut Squash is the perfect side dish that brings you a crispy and caramelized outside, soft and buttery inside, butternut squash roasted with garlic & Parmesan cheese.
Do you have a recipe that is your go-to for a tasty, oh-so simple, yet oh-so elegant side dish? Well y’all do now! This tasty side dish goes well with just about anything and even with breakfast, lunch and dinner!
So, last night I was talking to Mr. Steve and he mentioned that I hadn’t posted butternut squash on the blog. It was that moment that I realized, once again (I don’t know why I have such a mental block ability this) that I don’t seem to ever share my easy, delicious, every day life recipes. I find myself thinking “Duh, people already KNOW how to make this basic stuff, they certainly don’t need me to show them again.” Seriously y’all, like this recipe, When squash is in season my family has this at least once a week.
Anyhow, I don’t know about y’all but I am not always in the mood for elaborate dishes and sometimes, quick, easy and simple makes things in kitchen turn out to be the best.
For me, this Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Butternut Squash is one of those things.
Peel and chop butternut squash.
Toss squash with olive oil and seasoning.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 2-lb butternut squash peeled, seeded, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil, sprayed with vegetable spray or Pam.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle oil over squash and toss to coat.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast 20 minutes; stir squash and and rearrange into single layer.
- Roast an additional 15 minutes; remove squash from oven.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and roast an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.