Red, White & Blue Pops – fresh, smooth, fruity goodness; nothing says summertime better than homemade fresh fruit popsicles.
Day #2 of my Fourth of July preparations. Every year we make sure that we have homemade ice cream to enjoy as we watch the town’s firework display. This year will be no different but I thought I would add another option to the list. Why not some popsicles made from fresh fruit? So I am!
Not only are these popsicles delicious but I made them sugar-free so that Grammie could enjoy them too. I have found that Lite and Sweet makes everything taste great so that is what I used to make these Red, White & Blue Pops. Sugar-free, fresh fruit, ice cold, deliciousness AND in patriotic colors – pish, I’m set!
- 4 cups strawberries
- 3 cups blueberries
- 12 Tbsp sugar substitute (I used Lite and Sweet), divided
- 8 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp heavy cream
- In a blender, combine strawberries, 4 Tbsp sweetener, and 3 tablespoons lime juice; blend, scraping down sides as needed.
- Divide strawberries among popsicle molds; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, heavy cream, vanilla, and 4 Tbsp sweetener and 2 Tbsp lime juice.
- Remove molds from freezer and top with yogurt mixture; insert ice-pop sticks; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In clean blender, puree blueberries, remaining 4 Tbsp sweetener, and remaining 3 Tbsp lime juice.
- Remove molds from freezer and top with blueberry puree; freeze until solid (6 hours or more).
- Just before serving, briefly run molds under hot water to release pops