Quick & Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
My Quick & Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan recipe is the perfect, easy to make weeknight recipe that you bake in the oven. With just a few simple steps and ingredients, you can have this delicious recipe on your plate in 30 minutes!
Do you have a classic chicken parmesan recipe? You know a crusted chicken topped with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese served over a tasty bed of pasta...well now y’all do!
Happy Monday y’all! Today is going to be a good day. Mr. Steve hasn’t been home since Thursday. He got super lucky and was invited to go on a deep sea fishing trip. They left San Diego and headed somewhere towards Mexico to go fishing. They were hoping to catch yellowfin tuna and mahi-mahi. I think it is great that he was able to get away, leave his stresses of work and life behind and go bond with his buddies. I on the other hand had a wonderfully enjoyable weekend with Miss Emma. It was a girl’s weekend filled with shopping, eating out and lots of laughing! Anyhow, hopefully you will be seeing lots of yummy fish recipes coming up soon.
Anyhow, as our first night back together of course I had to fix a delicious dinner. It’s our rule to sit at the dinner table and share our day, well this evening we will be sharing all of our weekend experiences. I really hope he had fun and wasn’t sea-sick the whole time!
Mix ingredients and coat chicken.
Fry, bake and broil.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 4
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar of sauce (I used Prego)
- 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooking Spray
- basil for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Combine Panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet; cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 2 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta.