Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
My Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats are soft and chewy pumpkin spiced Rice Krispie treats…Perfect for all of your fall festivities and just because they’re awesome snacking!
Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie treats? Seriously they are the perfect snack and literally like a blank canvas to make them into anything you want. So of course we have to make them into Fall Fabulousness! Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats.
I don’t know about y’all but for me it should feel like fall. I am so ready! Football season has begun, we had our county fair this weekend, the leaves are changing colors and falling off the trees and the mornings are starting to get cooler. Now don’t get me wrong, this is nice and all, but it just isn’t enough for me. I am so ready for sweater weather, overcast skies and the smell of fall to be in the air. You know the smell of baked apples, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg….oh my goodness I just love it!
So in order to please my senses I am pushing the limit and I have started with my fall flavored treats! Starting with this Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
I originally got the recipe from a dear sweet friend, Bonnie. We worked together for a number of years and she always made me smile. I loved her so much that Miss Emma is slightly named after her. Her name was Bonnie Rae and Miss Emma is Emma Rae. As life happens, she was diagnosed with cancer and lost that battle a few years ago. I miss her dearly. Anyhow, I have made these for a few years now with a few tweaks over time and today I am sharing them with all of you!
Dry out you pumpkin purée.
Melt butter and marshmallows.
Mix in pumpkin, spices and cereal.
Place in pan and allow time to harden.
- 4 cups (1 package) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Spread your 1/4 cup pumpkin puree on between several paper towels and let it sit for 30-45 minutes, getting rid of the excess moisture in the pumpkin.
- In a large pan, melt your butter on medium low heat and add mini marshmallows.
- Add your pumpkin puree to your melted marshmallows along with your cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in your rice krispie cereal and stir.
- Pour your treat mix into a 8 x 8 greased baking pan. Cover your treat mix with parchment paper and press your treat mix into the pan.
- Allow your treats to cool, and enjoy!
- Removing as much moisture as possible from the purée is important, or your treats won't turn out crisp.