My Stevie, Steve is finally back home! He had an awesome time at the Albuquerque, NM Comicon. He got to see some of his favorite actors and have bonding dude time with Tony! The bummer part of this story…he leaves again tomorrow for business; and he will be gone until Friday. So, once again I will be cooking for two for the week. Most women would probably love a week away from their husband….now don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the weekend apart but would love it if he didn’t have to leave again right away. My husband is my best friend; literally if I get to do something fun I want to do it with him; I can tell him everything and anything…plus he is great to cuddle with – bonus for me!
So, since tonight is his only night home this week he needs some real food; a good down-home cooked meal! Poppy Seed Chicken is his enjoyment tonight.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tub (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp Carrie’s Seasoning
- 1 – 2 sleeves ritz crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Rice, cooked
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix soup, sour cream, seasoning, and chicken together; pour into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Break up the crackers and mix with the melted butter (start with one sleeve and add more if needed) and poppy seeds; sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve over rice.