Parmesan Rice – rice that is cooked and seasoned in a creamy Parmesan sauce.
Today is my husband’s birthday! The big 5 – 0! Normally you would think that would be cause for a big celebration….but no. My husband is on a plane headed to Minnesota; again. Bitter, yes maybe I am a bit. In the four years that Steve and I have been together not once have we spent his birthday together, not once. Every year he has been gone on a business trip. This year we thought we were going to get lucky but yesterday at noon he was told to book his trip; and now he is gone. I do have to say y’all it kinda sucks!
So, in honor of his birthday I present to you one of Steve’s Favorite side dishes, Parmesan Rice.
I have made this rice for years and years, with different variations of seasonings. I find that cooking rice in chicken broth adds a lot of flavor and gets crowd pleasing response.
So, give it a try and if y’all do let me know what you think!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 ½ cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Melt butter in a medium pot.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and rice.
- Stir with and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and milk; bring to a simmer.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.