Oven Roasted Vegetables Pasta
A beautiful blend of summer vegetables oven roasted and tossed with pasta gives you a refreshing, delicious and healthy dinner.
Don’t you just love fresh vegetables in the summer time? The farmers markets are just bursting with the colors of summer but what to do with ‘em? Try this Oven Roasted Vegetables Pasta recipe - y’all wont be sorry!
So today’s post is bitter sweet. This weekend I as usual visited my local farmers market and once again I bought the freshest produce one could hope for. There was beautiful squash, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant….oh man the list just goes on and on. My bags were loaded and of course all I could think about was the variety of ways I can cook them. So far my favorite has been this roasted veggies pasta dish!
So the bitter part of this post is my town is on fire. The Goodwin Fire is massively growing. So far it has consumed 4400 acres and is not contained or under control at all. Small surrounding towns have been forced into evacuations and a state of emergency has been declared. Many of my small farmers land has been burned; this is going to be devastating to many around here.
"This afternoon's fire behavior was erratic and unsafe for firefighters working near Pine Flat as winds pushed the fire through dense fuels," according to the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management on Monday. That behavior led fire managers to halt suppression efforts for about two hours out of concern for firefighter safety. Reports state that at this time the fire is only about 5% contained. Thins are not looking good for my area.
Then throw in the fact that in 2013 we made nationwide news as we lost 19 firefighters in a wildfire. It was an horrible trade guy but in a small town it hits a bit harder. I went to school with some of those that had passed. It was like the seven degrees of separation. Everyone knew someone who was directly impacted by their deaths. Needless to say, at this point everyone here is on high alert again. It's almost like reliving the nightmare. So please send some positive thoughts and vibes our direction!
This may be the last time I get some super fresh locally grown veggies for a long while - Sprouts is going to have to fill my needs for now. So, Oven Roasted Vegetable Pasta is an amazing, easy and simple recipe that is absolutely to die for! Delicious! It starts with slow oven roasted vegetables and ends with a fresh garlic Parmesan sauce.
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/2 rounds
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1" chucks
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 8oz container of baby Bella mushrooms, halved
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 rounds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated and divided)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound pasta (your choice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Wash vegetables well. Dry and cut into pieces.
- Separate veggies between two pans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, rotating top and bottom pan and stirring vegetables after 15 minutes. Once your vegetables start to brown around the edges they are done.
- Approximately 15 minutes before vegetables are done, prepare pasta by bringing an 8 quart pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and a sprinkle of salt. Cook according to package directions (approximately 7-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat when pasta is al dente; drain.
- Pour pasta into a large serving bowl, add hot roasted vegetables on top.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over the top and add garlic and 1 cup cheese; toss well to combine. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.