Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
My Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe is the perfect thing to do after you’ve carved your jack-o-lantern for Halloween. Everyone knows that means it’s time to roast perfect pumpkin seeds!
Who doesn’t love a salty and crunchy snack, that’s healthy too? Exactly, so if you’re carving a pumpkin anyhow, why not go a step further and make a snack that’s sure to please everyone!
Every year I look forward to roasting the pumpkin seeds that come out of our Halloween pumpkins. For the last few years we’ve had an over abundance of seeds to roast. Seriously when Mr. Steve and I first got married we had four (4) kids still at home, then add in a pumpkin for him and I and we’ve had six (6) a year! So, I’ve gotten really good at roasting seeds and adding fun flavors to them. I this post I am sharing just a basic recipe that is sure to please your entire family.
Cut open pumpkin.
Clean out it’s guts and separate the seeds.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds from fresh pumpkin
- 4 tsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds; remove any pulp and fiber; pat seeds dry with paper towels.
- Spread seeds in ungreased baking pan.
- Toss with melted butter; stir to coat; sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until light golden brown and crisp, stirring once.
- Cool 10 minutes or until completely cooled before serving.