Oh So Yummy Creamy Scallop Bisque
My Oh So Yummy Creamy Scallop Bisque is a luscious, richly flavored soup that’s perfect for special occasions, a cozy date night at home or just because you’ve got a craving.
Is it a soup? Is it a bisque? Do we even care? Let’s just get to the Oh So Yummy Creamy Scallop Bisque!
Oh my goodness today is windy and let me tell y’all that chilly, windy weather makes me crave a steaming bowl of soup, or in this case a bisque. So, it’s time to warm up with a mug of creamy, decadent Oh So Yummy Scallop Bisque.
Oh my gosh y’all, this soup was wonderful. It was everything I love about a bisque. I serve it with a side of crusty bread, this soup was everything I love about comfort food. The best part, it’s super easy to prepare and cook, and it's ready in 20 minutes.
Mmmm, I already cannot wait to make this one again.
Sauté onion and garlic.
Add flour, milk & seasonings.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Rinse scallops, chop into ½ inch pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add onion and garlic, sauté until softened.
- Whisk flour into butter mixture; gradually add milk, whisking constantly.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil and slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; add salt, pepper, bay leaf and scallops.
- Simmer over low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.