Made from Scratch Fudgesicles – a simple, refreshing copycat fudgesicle recipe that delivers a rich chocolate flavor slipped into a smooth, creamy texture that you can sink your teeth into.
It’s the playoffs people! Green Bay is in them! This means my house is packed with people. The Packers took on the Cowboys yesterday and y’all it was an awesome game!!! It was so good that I am thankful that I did my own pregame work and made my Made from Scratch Fudgesicles for all of the kiddos. Let me tell y’all, they loved ‘em; and since they were able to grab and go, I actually got to watch the game undisturbed.
Y’all can find popsicle/fudgesicles mold just about anywhere. I personally, got mine at World Market but I have seen them at Target, Walmart and grocery stores. As for the rest of the stuff, you probably already have it on hand; if not then one quick trip to the store and y’all will be set! So, all you need to do is trust me, head on into the kitchen and make some Made from Scratch Fudgesicles. Your family will thank ya!
- 2 cups fat free half-and-half
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp shortening
- 2 tsp (1 pkg) unflavored gelatin
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk the ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat and cook until the mixture is hot and the sugar has dissolved; whisking often.
- Remove the pan from heat, cover and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pan in your refrigerator until the mixture is cold, about 2 hours.
- Whisk the mixture again and carefully pour the ingredients into 8 popsicle molds (I pour the mixture into a measuring cup and then pour out of the cup into the molds), place the lid onto the molds, do NOT add the sticks yet. Place molds into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours is over you can insert the stick about halfway down each fudgesicle; freeze for 4 more hours or overnight.
- Once frozen solid remove the bars from the freezer and allow them to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove bars from the molds, don’t pull to hard otherwise you may pull the stick out.
- Wrap each bar with plastic wrap; store in the freeze until ready to enjoy!