Lemon Butter Salmon – oven baked salmon brushed with a lemon butter sauce that melts in your mouth.
For this Valentine’s Day, my husband and I have decided that we will stay home and enjoy some family time. Maybe it’s a sign that we are getting old but I like to think it means that our love is more than just about us. In honor of this we will be enjoying one of our favorite dishes for dinner, Lemon Butter Salmon.
This salmon comes together nicely, is baked in the oven and done in a matter of minutes. If you’re a salmon lover, then this recipe is a must try!
- 1 ¼ lb salmon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ heaping Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice and minced garlic, allow the lemon juice to reduce to by half.
- Add in 1 Tbsp of butter, remove pan from heat and swirl so the butter starts to melt; place back on the heat for a few seconds, removed and continue to swirl until butter completely melts; repeat with second tablespoon of butter.
- When butter is completely melted, remove sauce from stove.
- Place the salmon filet on a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.
- Brush the salmon with the lemon butter sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil so that all sides are closed (so the sauce does not leak).
- Bake the salmon for 12-14 minutes or until firm.
- Open the foil and allow the fish to broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on it so the fish does not burn.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley.
- Serve immediately.