Leftover Thanksgiving Savory Hand Pies
My Leftover Thanksgiving Savory Hand Pies are a hearty, savory comfort food classic with a hand held spin!
Everyone loves the Thanksgiving feast but no one really loves the leftovers. So we take those leftovers and turn them into something else that everyone loves! Look no more! These Leftover Thanksgiving Savory Hand Pies will be your new go-to after Thanksgiving recipe!
I know y’all have leftover Thanksgiving turkey in your fridge. This recipe works great with leftover turkey so why not put that turkey to good use by making a delicious hand pies for dinner? Seriously y’all I know I am I am tired of eating leftover turkey sandwiches - you gotta be too? So, it’s time for something new! Grab your leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberries and green bean casserole and make some hand pies!
Y’all these Leftover Thanksgiving Savory Hand Pies are so easy to make. The crust is soft and flaky like pie, the filling is filled with bites of Thanksgiving flavors and then you dip in heavenly turkey gravy....simply all out pleasure for all your taste buds.
Cut Puff Pastry.
Stuff and crimp.
- 3/4 cup stuffing
- 3/4 cup shredded or chopped turkey
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce or jelly (if using jelly cut into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup green bean casserole
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- Turkey gravy, optional
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
- Unfold pastry sheets on the work surface and lightly roll to remove the fold marks; Cut the pastry sheet into 4 equal squares; Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Top each square with about 3-4 tablespoons of stuffing mixture.
- Fold pastry square in half stretching to cover the filling, and crimp the edges of the top and bottom pastries together with a fork to seal.
- Place the filled pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 small cuts in the top of each pastry to vent.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Serve with additional gravy, warmed, for dipping.