Just Like Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies
These Just Like Mom’s Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, chewy and always a hit!
Do you love peanut butter? Then this this cookie is for you!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature1
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter2
- 3 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix on high until combined; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Dough will be thick, yet very sticky.
- Cover dough tightly and chill for at least 3o minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie).
- Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Press fork into the tops to create the criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until very lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
So, why is this recipe just like mom’s? Because it is so damn easy and good! It’s a super simple recipe. No frills, no thrills, and truly nothing fancy. No candy bar pieces, gooey caramel, chocolate chips, or sprinkles to take away from the massive peanut butter flavor. I promise y’all, you won’t miss any of that stuff! Just pure peanut butter.