Instant Pot Ham Bone Soup
My Instant Pot Ham Bone Soup combines carrots, onions, potatoes, split peas and ham together in this rich and flavorful soup- the best recipe you’ll find and easy to make using your instant pot!
Are you looking for that classic homemade split pea soup like grandma used to make? This Instant Pot Split Pea Soup has all the flavors of the old fashioned soup favorite and is the perfect leftover ham recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 4 potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 ham bone, or 6 oz. diced ham
- 1 lb. dry split peas, sorted through and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Turn pressure cooker to the “sauté” setting.
- Melt butter and sauté onion, celery, and carrots, seasoned with salt and pepper, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the split peas, potatoes, chicken broth, ham, and bay leaves.
- Cover pressure cooker and set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes.
- If you used a ham bone: remove the it from the soup and remove the ham meat that’s still attached to it; add the ham meat back into the soup.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Y’all I love split pea soup. It seriously does not get ANY easier than this delicious, hearty split pea soup. Simply throw the ham bone in the instant pot along with your split peas, onion, celery, carrots, and water, let it cook for ? minutes, then remove the bone and you are done. Done. Simple, easy, and delicious….what more do you need?
What I absolutely love about this recipe is how simple, easy and delicious it is.