Insta-Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich
A quick, easy dinner recipe that makes into a salad or sandwich in a snap.
Y’all I have been MIA for days. I am so sorry and I cannot thank you enough for hanging in there with me. Within the last two weeks my son’s entire world completely got turned upside down, we had a death in the family and my stress level is through the roof. However, as much as I would love to curl up into a ball and cry, my world and life must go on and that means dinner must be served.
Tonight’s dinner is purely one of convenience. Literally, 5 o’clock came and I had nothing to cook and no idea of what to fix. Thank goodness for a package of frozen chicken breasts and my Insta-pot. In less than 30 minutes I was able to have tender, shredded, cooked chicken breast doused in a creamy Caesar dressing. Place a scoop on a bun and top it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, green leafy lettuce and fresh sliced tomatoes and the next thing y’all will know is that your family is chanting “Winner, winner, chicken dinner!”
Place chicken in Insta-pot; add 1 cup of water.
Cook in the Insta-Pot using the ‘Poultry’ button; mix all dressing ingredients; set aside.
When chicken is finished cooking, release the steam and drain the water off the chicken.
Shred the chicken.
Apply the dressing to the chicken and mix well.
Make a sandwich or place on a bed of greens; Enjoy!
Insta-Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich – a quick, easy dinner recipe that makes into a salad or sandwich in a snap.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Place chicken in Insta-pot; add 1 cup of water.
- Cook in the Insta-Pot using the ‘Poultry’ button;
- Meanwhile, mix all dressing ingredients; In your food processor, process the garlic until minced. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, ground mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, and parmesan cheese. Begin processing, then slowly add the olive oil while the machine is on. Process until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. To thin, add a little more olive oil. Add the pepper and pulse until combined; set aside.
- When chicken is finished cooking, release the steam and drain the water off the chicken.
- Shred the chicken.
- Apply the dressing to the chicken and mix well.
- Make a sandwich or place on a bed of greens; Enjoy!
If you want to make this even faster use bottled creamy caesar dressing.