Hatch Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
My Hatch Green Chili Chicken Enchilada dinner is one of my family’s favorite Mexican dishes. Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, my homemade green chile enchilada sauce, sour cream, and green chiles, topped with more sauce and a heaping dose of cheese!
Do y’all have a quick, easy and delicious enchilada recipe? You know one of those recipes that everyone asks for but you secretly don’t want to share…well now you do!
I don’t know if it is because I grew up always eating the fantastic Mexican food in Arizona or if it is just because the Mexican flavors are just so damn good, but I really just love, LOVE green chilis and creamy cheese is just about any and every combination. This recipe fits that bill; it’s rich, creamy and zesty in all of the right ways!
These Hatch Green Chili Enchiladas are so quick and easy to put together that you seriously won’t believe it. No, Seriously! Dinner at our house has been saved many times thanks to this recipe. Now granted in this recipe I used my homemade Fire Roasted Hatch Green Chili Sauce but if I don’t have that on hand I just love 505 Green Chili Sauce too. Probably the biggest time saver of these enchiladas is the use of shredded chicken. If you don’t have any on hand you can grab a rotisserie chicken and shred it or in some cases I have even had folks use canned chicken, don’t worry, you can purchase either one at pretty much any grocery store. The absolute best part of this dish is that you can have it prepped and in the oven in just about 15 minutes OR you can make several batches and freeze them for a later date which I do all of the time!
Dip each tortilla in the warm sauce to make it more pliable.
After you have dipped the tortillas in the hot enchilada sauce, added some chicken and some sour cream.
Roll up and place in pan.
Top with more sauce and cheese.
Bake and then enjoy!
- 4 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 cups Green Chile Enchilada sauce (or 1 28 oz jar)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 12-16 corn tortillas
- 2 cups chopped green chiles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, green chiles, salt and pepper.
- In a second small bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese; mix well.
- In a small skillet, bring enchilada sauce to boil; remove from heat.
- Dip each tortilla into heated sauce for a few seconds to soften.
- Spoon ⅓ cup of chicken mixture and 2 Tbsp sour cream mixture down center for each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place seam-side down in two 8x8 (or 9x9) inch baking dishes.
- Pour remaining heated enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350F.
- I usually put the sour cream mixture in a sandwich bag and cut the bottom tip which makes it easier to squirt right down the center.