Grilled Macaroni & Cheese Sandwiches – holy moly it’s the marriage of 2 perfect comfort foods!
Ok y’all yesterday I made a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese for my family since I am going out of town. Now, as a mom you know I have to keep my family’s best interests at heart. So, being the awesome mom I am, I took one for the team and did the taste test…I am happy to report, it was not poisoned! Ha, ha, ha! I am teasing about the poison part at least but I did taste test it and it was so good I decided to make grilled macaroni and cheese sandwiches.
- 4 slices bread
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup prepared macaroni and cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Lay slices of bread with the buttered side down in the skillet.
- Top them with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Add a mound of macaroni and cheese (about ½ cup) on sandwiches.
- Add another slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Once the bread is golden, carefully flip the sandwiches over to grill the opposite side.