Grilled Basil Pesto Veggies – an amazing summer side dish; beautiful summer veggies tossed in a basil pesto and grilled to perfection!
Summer is the season of grilling and with summer coming to an end I am trying to get as many grilled meals packed in as possible. Now don’t get me wrong I do live in a ski town and if need be I will grill in my parka with the snow falling around me; which is then immediately followed by warming up in the hot tub!
If you have a garden and grow your own veggies and basil, I highly encourage you to print or pin this recipe (and the one for Fresh Homemade Basil Pesto) for those times when you are looking for something to do with all that home-grown goodness!
- 3 yellow squash (about 1 pound total), sliced into ½-inch-thick circles
- 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced into ½-inch-thick circles
- ½ cup fresh Basil Pesto
- Prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Toss the sliced veggies with the basil pesto and make sure they are coated in pesto.
- Grill the vegetables in a grilling basket until tender and lightly charred all over, about 7 minutes; try not shift the vegetables too frequently once they've been placed on the hot grill.
- Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.