Garlic Butter Creamy Italian Shrimp
My Garlic Butter Creamy Italian Shrimp is a rich, creamy and oh-so garlicky parmesan sauce filled with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and of course shrimp!
Don’t you love a meal that is quick, easy to make, and ready on the table in less than 15 minutes? Oh my goodness y’all with this Garlic Butter Creamy Italian Shrimp you will not only impress yourself but you will have your family screaming for more!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 heaping Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ pound shrimp, tails on or off (I took mine off)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 oz jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.; melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute).
- Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet; add in the chicken broth and allow to simmer until it reduces to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the milk and heavy cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally; season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce; then add in the parmesan cheese.
- Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the center of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and stir.
- Serve over pasta.
And the flavor and yum-factor are out of this world delicious.
Amazingly, given Miss Emma’s love for anything packed with sugar, salt and basically everything unhealthy (please tell me she’s not the only one), no one complains when this simple yet amazing dinner shows up on the table.
Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we love shrimp....and garlic.....and pasta!
With a hefty sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
How It’s Made...
Make the creamy sauce.
Add the shrimp to the sauce.
Place on top of some pasta.