Fudge Cake: a dense fudge brownie style cake that is sure to cure your chocolate craving.
Y’all it is late. Miss Emma had to cheer for two basketball games this afternoon. So, after working a full day then sitting through the basketball games we finally make it home, Yes! But wait! What do I see? I see that my lovely dogs (they are lucky I love them) had a field day with a package of toilet paper. Nine rolls to be exact! I am not kidding y’all there is torn up toilet paper from my master bathroom, through my bedroom, down the main hall, through the laundry room, out the doggie dog and all over my backyard. Seriously my yard looks like teenagers tee-peed it. Y’all, if I wasn’t so mad at them I would probably be impressed – but I am NOT!
So to make my night end on a high note I quickly ordered delivery pizza, cracked open a beer and threw a cake into the oven. My night has been made; and now yours can be too!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 to 6 tsp milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, brownie mix, oil, eggs and water; mix well.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; then invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Store tightly covered.
- Only use ingredients listed above; do not follow box instructions.