Fire Grilled Summer Chicken Salad
This salad has so much flavor happening, you don’t know where to start. Smoky fire licked rainbow cherry tomatoes, red onion, creamy avocado slices, tender grilled chicken tossed with a homemade lemon-herb balsamic vinaigrette and a fresh bed of greens.
Are you guys getting tired of all the grilled chicken salads out there? I know I’m not because I could live on them, especially this one!
Do you ever have those days where you don’t know what to make for dinner? So, you literally go from cupboard to cupboard back to the original cupboard looking for something, anything, to jump out at you as inspiration for dinner? That’s how this salad came to life.
This Fire Grilled Summer Chicken Salad is awesome! Y’all will just love the fire licked rainbow cherry tomatoes, red onion, creamy avocado slices, tender grilled chicken tossed with a homemade lemon-herb balsamic vinaigrette and a fresh bed of greens. If you make some be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at Official_Carrieshomecooking.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 pints rainbow cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered based on size
- 1 medium red onion , quartered and sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- I Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, chopped
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow pan add the @ Tbsp olive oil; place chicken into oil and rub oil all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken seasonings over the breasts.
- Cook on preheated grill until cooked thoroughly (about 20 minutes-until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
- Meanwhile, place your tomatoes, avocado and onion in a large bowl; drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over them and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in a grilled basket and cook over a low flame until roasted and tender.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk thoroughly.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, feta, Parmesan and cooked vegetables.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve.