Everybody’s Favorite Breakfast Casserole
My Everybody’s Favorite Breakfast Casserole is packed with bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, veggies and cheese; it is truly a full breakfast in one dish that is sure to be everyone’s favorite!
Do you hate getting up to immediately go straight to the kitchen and cook breakfast? Y’all I hate it! But my family wakes up famished and on the brink of death....yours too? Well, some mornings I am all about testing that death theory and so far we’ve had no casualties! 😉
I was featured on Mis Helen’s Full Plate Thursday! Y’all gotta go check out all the great ideas there. You won’t regret it!
Miz Helen's Country Cottage
This Everyone’s Favorite Breakfast Casserole is an easy, delicious, hearty and nutritious way to feed a group for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! Loaded with veggies, high in protein, this is a dish that will keep you 100% satisfied!
This dish is great for any reason but let me tell y’all baked egg dishes are always popular for the holidays and with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, y’all are gonna need a dish like this for all of your family, friends and visitors.
This breakfast casserole combines it all; bell peppers, onion, bacon, sausage, potatoes, mushrooms and cheese. And the beauty is you can feel free to play around with the ingredients and pick all of your favorites – bacon, ham or sausage, Swiss or pepper jack cheese, and any fresh veggies that you have on hand, a topping of fresh salsa. Whatever you decide, you can just stir it all together, pour it in the baking dish, and let your oven do the work. Enjoy your cup of coffee (or in my case, tea), enjoy the conversation of all the company your have around you, or just simply sit back and relax…a short while later there will be enough breakfast ready to serve a crowd!
This Everybody’s Favorite Breakfast Casserole can be lightened up by omitting some of the egg yolks and adding additional egg whites in their place. Nobody will know the difference (Trust me, I’ve done it!).
Also, this casserole reheats really well. Now I’ll be honest its not often we have leftovers of this BUT there are times I’ve made this with the purpose of portioning it out for easy quick weekday breakfasts. A big slice of the breakfast casserole is delicious with some fruit or toast on the side.
Cook bacon and sausage.
Add veggies and sauté.
Combine cooked mix and potatoes, mix well.
Pour in eggs.
- 6 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 24 oz bag of diced hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Coldy/Cheddar mix)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 13” x 9” baking dish; set aside. Please hashbrowns and a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon into almost all of the pieces are crispy.
- Add the sausage to the bacon and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the minced garlic, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, salt and pepper cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable mixture and half of the cheese to the potatoes and mix well.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; pot over everything in baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until sizzling and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.