Enchilada Pasta Casserole: a pasta dish that’s packed full of my favorite enchilada flavors and is ready in under 30 minutes. Mexican food meets comfort food and becomes an easy weeknight meal.
Man y’all, this weekend did not go as I had planned; at all!! It’s almost 3pm on Sunday and I still have nothing posted for the day. But I do have hot water. That’s right y’all, our water heater decided to burn out an element this weekend. Then said element refused to be removed from the water heater. Then the hubby drilled holes into said element because ‘Google’ told us that would work. After an entire Saturday of working on said water heater, having no water all day and 3 trips to Home Depot; we still didn’t have water. So, off to Home Depot we went again and hello new water heater. As of this moment I now have running and hot water – Life is good!
But now today I’ve been working my butt off in the kitchen trying to get something ready to blog about today and be done in time to enjoy the start off football season. Tonight the Packers take on the Colts in the season opener! GO PACK GO!!!
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 pkg taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 19 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 box of dried rotini pasta
- 3 - 4 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black olives, whole or sliced
- In a large skillet add oil and heat over medium, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned and cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning, pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Next remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes (until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced).
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of cheese.
- Top pasta with remaining cheese, place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives, cilantro and chopped tomatoes.