Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Stroganoff
The perfect weeknight meal, this recipe is loaded with tender chicken, fresh mushrooms and a delicious creamy sauce, comfort food perfection.
Who wants a new idea on the dinner table? Who loves a crock-pot meal? Why not kill two birds with one stone and make this awesome Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Stroganoff?
Today is a busy day for me y’all. I have an appointment at 10 AM, Noon and 1 PM, plus I must fast so I can get blood drawn. Yes…blood drawn. Apparently, I have been a bit…moody lately, at least according to Miss Emma and my husband. So, we are testing my hormone levels and thyroid. To be honest though I am in forced menopause due to a hysterectomy I had years ago. So, I am positive my levels are off.
The other appointments are house viewings. Y’all heard right, we are on the hunt for a new place in Flagstaff. I am excited, nervous dreading it…all the above. I truly hate the thought of moving; the packing, unpacking, basically all of it! BUT I am excited and so ready for a fresh start; a new beginning if you will. So, let the hunt begin!
This Creamy Crock-pot Chicken Stroganoff is perfect for a day like today. I can spend a quick 10 minutes in the kitchen before I head out for the day, throwing everything into my Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker When I get home I can cook up some egg noodles, throw together a simple dinner salad and give the crockpot a stir – ta-da dinner is done!
My family loves this easy, flavorful and filling meal. Mr. Steve loves the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker and top with mushrooms.
In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix.
Spread mixture on top of chicken and mushrooms.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve over egg noodles.
So, what do y’all say, try this Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Stroganoff for dinner, let me know what y’all think. Be sure to tag me on Instagram at Carrie's Home Cooking.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10½) ounce cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1 pound large egg noodles for serving
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms.
- In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix.
- Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4. Serve over noodles and top with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
- Try my homemade version: Carrie's DIY Onion Soup Mix