Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Write a review
- 2 cups dry medium egg noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/3 cups chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Carrie's seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Prepare noodles according to directions listed on package and drain.
- In a large pot, heat 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil over medium heat; add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until tender, about 3 - 4 minutes; add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken broth, parsley, bay leaves and seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, cover with lid and allow soup to cook until chicken has cooked through, about 10 - 15 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then shred into small bite size pieces.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 1/2 minutes.
- While whisking slowly add in milk and whisk vigorously to smooth lumps; whisk in cream and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour milk mixture into soup mixture and return chicken to soup along with cooked noodles and stir.
- Serve warm with fresh bread.
Carrie's Home Cooking http://carrieshomecooking.com/