Homemade Perfection Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside!! Chocolate chip cookies are always a go-to favorite dessert, sweet snack, after-school treat or just-because goodie I like to have on hand.
Who doesn’t love a Chocolate Chip Cookie? This is a must have recipe for all chocolate chip cookie fans!
These cookies are homemade perfection! I highly encourage you to make a batch right now. No. Seriously, Go!
This morning I woke up with a craving – a craving for cookies. Talk about a shocker! I am not really a chocolate fan nor do I enjoy baking BUT today both of those have been thrown out the window and here I am baking chocolate chip cookies in my kitchen. I will admit that even though it’s a bit warm thanks to spring I love the warmth produced by heatin’ up the oven, the cozy feelin’ by fillin’ the house with the wonderful aroma of baking cookies….plus I am home alone so I can enjoy them fresh out of the oven without disruptions….or having to share!
Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, set aside.
Pour butter into the bowl of an electric stand mixer; add brown sugar and granulated sugar, blend mixture on medium speed until well combined; add in egg and vanilla extract.
Combine wet and dry ingredients
Fold in chocolate chips.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, heat in microwave on HIGH power until butter has melted halfway; remove and whisk until fully melted.
- Pour butter into the bowl of an electric stand mixer; add brown sugar and granulated sugar, blend mixture on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out a slightly heaping 1tsp (I used a small cookie scoop) at a time and drop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven about 6 - 8 minutes (they should still fill soft and slightly under-baked, they will continue to cook slightly once removed from oven so carefully not to over-bake).
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.