Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes
My Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes make for a stuffed baked potato recipe finished with cheese, sour cream and green onions for a quick weeknight entree! These make a GREAT weeknight dinner -bake the sweet potatoes in a slow cooker – the chili is done in 20 minutes!
Do you have those nights where you know you won’t have time to cook a full 4 course meal? I have them all of the time thanks to work and Miss Emma’s schedule.
I love a dinner dish that can be served in a variety of ways! This week Miss Emma’s school is in the midst of Homecoming and last night was the Homecoming Parade and Bon Fire; fun times! But having said that this was the third night that we haven’t had time for a “real dinner”. So, tonight I was prepared; baked potatoes to the rescue!
So, I simply popped some baked potatoes into the crock pot and left for the day. After work I was able to prepare a quick pot of chili. From there its a piece of cake, you simply top the potato with the chili, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some chives. Viola! Dinner is set!
Slow cook potatoes.
Make the chili.
Top your potatoes with all your desired goodies.
Craving more deliciousness? Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for new posts, updates and more. You can also contact me with any questions, comments or inquiries!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can (14 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cap (6 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz) hot chili beans
- shredded sharp cheddar
- sour cream
- green onions
- Wash and dry the potatoes, prick each one with a fork a few times, using 2 Tbsp olive oil coat each potato and wrap in foil. Place in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic and salt and pepper; cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and break it apart as it cooks.
- When the beef is browned; add the chili powder, paprika, cumin and oregano. Mix it through and let cook 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes and both beans. Turn the heat up a little and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 25 - 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Split the potatoes down the center and spoon chili into them. Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions.