Chicken Burrito Bowls
Tender chicken, black beans, sweet corn, and Mexican seasoning blend in a crock-pot perfection; served over brown rice and sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro and a Mexican cheese blend.
Who loves Mexican food? Who loves an easy crock-pot meal? Who loves when the two come together to bring your family an easy and delicious dinner like these Chicken Burrito Bowls?
This was out dinner last night and it was wonderful! BUT to be honest after yesterday anything would have been wonderful. I am so excited y'all, yesterday Mr. Steve and I built a 12' x 12' hoop house for a green house. It only took us three trips to Home Depot and two timeouts so we didn't kill each other, but it is done and it is awesome if I do say so myself. I had already started my seeds indoor so when we finished we moved everything outside. We have squash, zucchini, spaghetti squash, peppers, starwberries, pumpkins, watermelon, string beans, eggplant, tomatoes, loofahs and so much more! However, when dinner came around we were sore and tired. Apparently we are a lot older and tireder then we realize. That's why this dinner was awesome. We came inside I made some rice and dinner was done.
Give this Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe a shot and let me know what you think. The tender chicken, black beans, sweet corn, and Mexican seasoning blend in a crock-pot perfection; served over brown rice and sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro and a Mexican cheese blend is sure to please the entire family. And if you're like my son throw some in a tortilla and eat it burrito style. Either way it is amazing!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 cups salsa
- ½ cup water
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz frozen bag of corn
- 2 packets Taco seasoning
- 4 cups, rice, cooked
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Combine everything, except, rice, cheese and cilantro, in your crock pot.
- Give everything a good stir to mix and make sure that the chicken is covered; cover; cook on low for 8 hours.
- Near the end of the 8 hours, prepare rice.
- After 8 hours, remove lid and carefully shred chicken with a fork.
- Now build your bowls; place rice on bowl, top with chicken mix, top off with cheese and cilantro.