Chicken Stuffing Bake: a kitchen classic, seasoned chicken, a creamy cheese sauce and bread cube stuffing come together to make a comforting casserole dinner.
Happy Friday Eve! Man, y'all this week has put me to the test. Getting back into the swing of working has proven to be a challenge. Throw in four basketball games that Miss Emma has to cheer at, cheer practice on Wednesday, dance on Wednesday night, tumbling on Thursday night, my trying to blog and keep my house up – I need a nap!
Thank goodness for casseroles! These one dish meals help me get a well-balanced dinner onto the table even when it seems impossible. This is a classic dish that families have been serving and enjoying for years and there are several different versions all as equally delicious as the next. So, here you go, my version that satisfies my family.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top Chicken Stuffing mix
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into one inch pieces; lay out evenly in the bottom of prepared dish; season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed soups and milk.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over soup mixture.
- Sprinkle dry stuffing mix evenly over the top.
- Pour chicken broth over the stuffing mix- making sure to get as much of it covered as possible.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.