Chicken Salad Sandwiches; the way my husband likes them! Shredded chicken, sliced almonds, crunchy apples and juicy grapes; perfectly served on bread of your choice or on top of a fresh bed of greens.
Today is the day I get to go pick up my baby boy from the airport. And let me tell you by baby boy I mean my 6’2, covered in tattoos, still slightly needy 22-year-old, first born but always my baby boy!
Ain't he handsome!?!?!?!
Anyhow, back to the point – dinner. Being that I have a two-hour road trip to get him and his flight doesn’t land until 4pm; my hubby will be on his own for dinner. So since I had some leftover rotisserie chicken I figured why not make him Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
It’s a nice light and filling option that makes a great lunch or dinner. I just love the crunch of the apples and celery, the sweetness of the grapes and the flavor of the dressing, a perfect combination; at least in my opinion! Y’all should try it and let me know what y’all think!
- 3 - 4 cups of cooked chicken (just depends on your tastes)
- 1 cup of seedless grapes, sliced in half (I think black grapes are the best)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- ½ cup chopped apple
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Carrie’s Seasoning
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, & apple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, seasoning, dill & parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture, and gently stir until evenly combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on bread of your choice with green leaf lettuce or on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes and other toppings.