Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - Spaghetti squash boats filled with shredded chicken, black beans, corn, seasonings, cilantro and red enchilada sauce then topped with a heap of melted cheese!
Good morning y’all! This morning I have decided that today is going to be a good day. So today I am going to spend some time in my kitchen….my happy place! The weather outside is cold, windy and threatening to snow which totally makes me want to just curl up on the couch and do nothing; today however, is going to have a little heat added to it. Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is on the menu. It’s a warm hearty dish served with a kick and is sure to warm up my family on a day like today!
I enjoy cooking with spaghetti squash because it can be used in a variety of ways. In my experience, most people won’t cook with them because they aren’t sure how to or how they taste and so on. So tonight, give it a try and enjoy some Chicken Black Bean Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.
- 2 small spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (a use about ¼ tsp per half)
- ½ lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Brush the inner flesh of the spaghetti squash with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, skin side up, in a preheated 400°F oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, enchilada sauce, beans, onion, corn and cilantro.
- Equally divide the mixture between the spaghetti squash and top with the cheeses.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese has melted and turned a light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.