Holy cow! I think I need to go back to bed and start my day over. I’m feelin’ very…off today. Like seriously, I feel…for lack of a better word, stupid. I am literally not able to form any thoughts today. I was standing in my kitchen looking at the ingredients I pulled out and I didn’t know where to start – I found myself thinking “I know how to do this…why can’t I do this?” So, what do I do? I do like any other female; I call my mom to vent. Of course I should have known better because my sarcastic and witty mother says “maybe you’re gonna have a stroke”.
Gee thanks mom. I think secretly she loves the fact that I am showing the signs of aging. You know, the grey hairs, progressive glasses (because I can’t see near or far), when I look at my hands and see her hands and so on. Kinda weird seeing yourself age; in my defense, I like to think I am handling it very well – my little sister on the other hand, she isn’t going to. She turns 40-years old in 2 years and all I can say is it ain’t gonna be pretty!
Anyhow, since I can’t seem to think today I am obviously not going to be able to function in the kitchen; so house cleaning here I come.
Tonight’s dinner will be one of my trusty old favorites: Chicken Alfredo Bake. This is a super easy and quick meal that I serve with a side salad and breadsticks. This is a meal that my family loves and would have weekly if I would let them.
- 16 oz pasta
- 3 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 cups pasta water
- 1 tsp Carrie’s seasoning, divided
- Preheat your broiler.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- In a large skillet melt 1 Tbsp butter; add the shredded chicken, garlic and ¼ tsp seasoning; cook until it starts to brown a bit.
- Remove chicken from the skillet
- In the same skillet add the rest of the butter and melt it; pour in the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the skillet and whisk until the sauce thickens; and the remaining seasoning and parmesan cheese; whisk. If the sauce is to thick add some of the pasta water into it until it reaches a smooth creamy consistency.
- Add the pasta and chicken to the skillet; mix well.
- Top with mozzarella and place under the broiler for 5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted. (check it often during this time because you don’t want to burn it)
- Serve with a side salad and bread.