Cherry Jello Poke Cake
Handed down for generations, this poke cake recipe has a little something extra which brings you a tender, moist and delightfully chilly, cool cake.
Do you have an easy, cool and refreshing dessert y'all serve at summer gatherings? Well now you do!
if y'all aren't familiar with Poke cakes - let me just say they are amazing! It's simple really. Y'all bake a cake, poke it full of holes, pour a sauce over it, chill and enjoy! Simple, easy and delicious!
With the Fourth of July right around the corner I thought it was time to share a family tradition with y'all. Every Fourth of July my family gets together and we have a BBQ, family time and of course fireworks! We've done this for as long as I can remember and my grandma always made a Cherry Jello Poke Cake for dessert. It's a cool (literally chilled), refreshing, fruity Cake that everyone loves! Now my grandma is where is learned to be fearless in the kitchen. My motto is "Trust Your Gut Not The Recipe!" This has brought my a world of joy...and failures...but mostly fun!
Y'all will find a ton of Poke Cake recipes in Pinterest most of which will tell you to bake a cake using a white cake mix, poke holes and pour. This recipe however adds a secret little ingredient-pudding!
This Cherry Jello Poke Cake is easy, fast and super yummy! If you need a festive, quick and easy crowd pleasin' cake that looks as good as it tastes, give this recipe a try!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg cherry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tub of cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, eggs, oil, 1 cup water and vanilla pudding; blend on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into a cake pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Poke holes in the warm cake.
- In a small bowl, mix the cherry Jello and boiling water, mix until dissolved; add in the cold water and mix again.
- Pour the Jello mixture over the holes in the cake; make sure you use it all.
- Chill the cake in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Top with cool whip and enjoy!
- Do not prepare anything according to the directions on the package-follow the instructions above and it will be perfect.