Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
Write a review
- 1 ¼ cup original Velveeta, cubed
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, cooked, cut into ¼ inch slices
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Carrie’s seasoning
- 2 Tbsp margarine, melted
- 2 cup Basic White Sauce (see recipe posted)
- Cook the potatoes and cool; when cool slice into ¼ inch slices and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium size sauce pan prepare the white sauce.
- Add Velveeta to the white sauce and stir until the Velveeta is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add seasoning and stir; add the potatoes slices to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and gently turn to coat all the potatoes.
- In a separate bowl mix the bread crumbs and melted butter together and then sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 5-10 additional minutes till bread crumb topping is golden brown.
Carrie's Home Cooking http://carrieshomecooking.com/