Buttery Shortbread Almond Cookies
My Buttery Shortbread Almond Cookies a chewy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside with just the right amount of almond flavor, just like grandma used to make.
Countdown to Christmas Cookies - Week 4
Just four, 4, more weeks until Christmas eve! Holy moly! I am behind schedule!i haven’t even begun my shopping. But I will say that we’ve succeeded in putting up our Christmas tree and lights. We’ve also gone and seen the Holiday Light Parade, the Gingerbread display AND the Valley of Lights so my mood has improved and the feeling of Christmas has begun!
Today was good because I also baked some of my favorite holiday cookies! These Buttery Shortbread Almond Cookies are a great for me! Seriously y’all I cannot stop eating them. I even secretly stashed a baggie of them for me to take to work and hide in my desk. Yep, they’re that good! And if you have kids in your home....like I do....you know nothing is safe!
We are half way through the Countdown to Christmas Cookie series and today I am bringing you Buttery Shortbread Almond Cookies. Y’all they are awesome. The crisp edges, soft centers, a great texture and loaded with the perfect amount of almond flavor. YUMM!
Mix wet ingredients.
Make dry ingredients.
Roll into balls and flatten.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl blend the butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture about 1/4 of a cup at a time (not all at once) to the butter mixture until completely combined.
- Roll into small balls (about 1 tablespoon) and flatten slightly.
- Cook for 7 minutes on a parchment lined pan.
- Let cookies cool for 1 minute and then move to a cooling rack; top with sliced almonds.
- Make the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, almond extract, and water.
- Drizzle a teaspoonful of glaze on top of the almonds and cookie.
- Allow glaze to harden and enjoy.