Blue Moon Pasta – a creamy and delicious white sauce with feta and blue cheese, spinach, pine nuts and fresh tomatoes over linguine with tender juicy chicken.
I love pasta! It is so versatile. It can be used in salads to side dishes to the main meal. Chances are whatever you choose, it is sure to always be delicious. That’s why you can bet that at least once a week my family is having some pasta of some sort – and loving it!
This Blue Moon Pasta is a dish that you will want to make sure you add to the meal plan.
If you and yours enjoy pasta, then try this one out. The feta and blue cheese combine into an amazing cream sauce and with just the right blend of seasonings, chicken and veggies this is sure to become another “go to” dinner recipe!
- 1 box linguine pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter/margarine
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh tomato, diced
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup feta crumbles, divided
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add chopped chicken and cook for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add garlic, salt, pepper and spinach to the skillet; cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and pine nuts and cook for another 3-4 minutes; until spinach is wilted and everything is heated through; remove from heat and set aside.
- Now make the cream sauce, in large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk, ½ cup feta and ½ cup blue cheese; stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss the pasta, chicken mixture together with the cream sauce.
- Serve and garnish with remaining feta and blue cheese.