Blue Moon Burger
The ultimate comfort food; seasoned beef topped with a chunky, creamy blue cheese blend adorned with lettuce, tomato, fried onions and a toasted bun.
Are you ready for the Fourth of July? Do you have your BBQ Menu planned out? Be sure to add this to your options!
My family is not huge fans of burgers. Don’t get me wrong we have them but a burger can just be...well a burger, if you know what I mean. So when we make burgers they are anything but basic – we add flavor, texture, substance, if you will.
We like burgers that leave you thinking ‘Damn! That was a good burger!’ And let me tell you this Blue Moon Burger recipe is just that – AWESOME!!!
This Fourth of July is going to be crazy for my family. My son is still here and now my step-son will be moving in that weekend as well! Take about chaos....between the parades, rodeo, carnivals, party planning and moving....it's going to be jam packed. BUT with this recipe I am ready to go! Now this recipe was originally posted last year but I felt it was time to update the post and pics and there was not better time to do that. So, here y'all go!
This Blue Moon Burger is reminiscent of the 50s and take y'all back to the days of soda fountains and a sock hops. A staple on almost every menu this is sure to be a people pleaser.
If you love a good burger that will make your family fall in love – give this one a chance! It starts off with my homemade burger seasoning, gets topped with my Fried Onion Strings and ends with a Blue Moon Burger Masterpiece!
You can also see this recipe at Buns In My Oven and Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday!
- 4 burger buns
- 4 burger patties, seasoned
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups fried onions
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- 4 Tbsp Mayo
- Make or season your ground beef patties.
- In a small bowl combine the blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing, mix well to make your blend.
- Prepare your grill for cooking over high direct heat.
- Make sure the grill is cleaned and hot before laying down the patties. You might also want to oil the grill first.
- Add the patties to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. DO NOT press on the patties while cooking.
- About 5 minutes before patties are done cooking, place ½ cup of blue cheese blend over each patty.
- Grill your burgers buns, add them to the grill now and don't leave them more than 30 seconds.
- Remove everything from grill and assemble the burgers.
- Spread 1 tbsp of mayo on the bottom side of the bun; top with some lettuce, tomato slices, lay the burger patty, crispy fried onions and top bun.