Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Avocado, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, sweet corn and a blend of seasonings come together to give you a fresh tasting black bean and corn salsa that’s sure to become a family favorite!
Who doesn’t love a fresh spin on salsa? So y’all this post is a day late and a dollar short BUT that doesn’t mean this Black Bean and Corn Salsa is lacking in any way!
Last Friday was Cinco de Mayo and Mr. Steve’s office had a company luncheon. So, of course, I had to send in something and this dish was it! Personally, I enjoy this Black Bean and Corn Salsa because it isn’t your traditional or typical red salsa. It is so much better!
Fresh chunks of avocado, diced tomatoes, delicious chopped cilantro, zesty red onion, sweet corn and so much more combine to give you a new taste of Mexico.
Add everything to a large bowl.
- 1 ½ cups fresh, canned, or frozen (and thawed) corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1-2 avocados, chopped (I like a lot of it in my salsa)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Add everything to a large bowl.
- Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 day before enjoying.
- I think the flavor is better if you let the flavors combine with each other for an hour or so. No worries: the lime juice and red onion keeps the avocado from turning brown.