BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad: a quick, easy and flavorful salad that is guaranteed to please your entire family.
Who doesn’t love an amazing salad for dinner? There’s nothing better than fresh, chopped lettuce, tender juicy chicken, sweet corn kernels, robust black beans and crisp tortillas strips combine and get topped with a drizzle of ranch and BBQ sauce.
Oh my goodness y’all it is hot! I’m having a hard time believing that it is still winter. Yes, I realize that spring is just days away but even so today feels like summer already. Seriously, I’ve been rockin’ a messy bun to keep the hair off of my neck and the song “Hot, Hot, Hot” by Buster Poindexter has been running through my head all day long. Y’all know the lyrics, “dancing, screaming, itching, squealing, fever felling, hot, hot, hot”. Yep, that is me. I’m not ready for this heat – it’s too soon!
So, for dinner I had an amazing baked pork chop and apples recipe planned for dinner; BUT there is no way that I am heating the oven on a day as hot as this. So, a filling, healthy salad is the way we will go!
Gather all of your ingredients. In a medium skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, stirring and flipping often, until cooked through, about 8 minutes or so.
To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips. Enjoy a heaping bowl.
If you're looking for an easy, nutritious, delicious dinner salad, you can't go wrong with this recipe. Make the day end on a high note!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chopped red leaf lettuce
- 1 can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup tortilla strips
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping and stirring often, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips.