BBQ Blackened Chicken Southern Comfort Pizza
My BBQ Blackened Chicken Southern Comfort Pizza is topped with sweet BBQ sauce, chopped blackened chicken, onions, bacon, and tons of cheese. Your soon-to-be favorite pizza!
Are you ready to try a new exciting spin on pizza? I know that I always am. Pizzas are great for anytime because they are fairly quick, easy to put together, and when dressed up a bit, they make quite a filling meal. This BBQ Blackened Chicken Southern Comfort Pizza is a tasty-pleaser that can be made pretty effortlessly!
- 1 pizza dough (store bought)
- 1 chicken breast, diced into bit sized cubes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 5 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Flatten the pizza dough into a rectangle. Transfer dough carefully to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix the blackening seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add the chicken and sprinkle blackening seasoning on top; stir and cook until cooked thoroughly. About 3 - 5 minutes.
- Spread the bbq sauce on the pizza dough and spread half of the cheese on top.
- Top with the diced chicken, followed by the red onions, bacon, and the remaining cheese.
- Allow the pizza to bake for 10-15 minutes. You can turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking if you’d like your edges and cheese to be a little more brown.
- You can use cooked shredded chicken or even rotisserie chicken that’s been shredded for this recipe. Just reheat in a skillet like above with the seasoning.
- I use Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce for this recipe, you can use any of your favorite barbecue sauces!
Let me tell y’all at yesterday’s Super Bowl Party - they were a total hit! Talk about a crowd pleaser!
This one. This BBQ Blackened Chicken Southern Comfort pizza has my husband’s name written all over it. He is such a big fan of blackened chicken and sweet barbecue sauce with lots of cheese, bacon and onions.
No need for take out, this barbecue chicken pizza is just minutes away!
Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on this fabulously gourmet and perfectly flavorful pizza! It’s one I will make time and time again!