Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta – chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, tossed in a delightful basil pesto sauce – your perfect, under 30-minute, easy and delicious weeknight meal.
I warned y’all, this week would have some pesto recipes. Thanks to my basil plants I have an overwhelming amount of basil. So with the huge batch of basil pesto that is now sitting in my fridge I must use it in practically every meal. Hence, I give you Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 2 cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 16 oz box rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat; add chicken and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for about 5-6 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
- Add garlic, pesto, milk, and salt.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to heat and simmer, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, reheat.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese.