Asparagus Tomato Couscous Salad
My Asparagus Tomato Couscous Salad is filled with tender asparagus, fresh cherry tomatoes, couscous, and feta cheese tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
Needs simple side dish or lunch that is simple to make and it presents so beautifully? Look no further!
Asparagus on sale - Yes Please!
Oh my goodness y’all I went to my local Sprout’s grocery store this weekend and they had asparagus on sale! I LOVE asparagus, so of course I had to buy some...5 lbs to be exact! I know I’m crazy but it’s so good. So, what’s a girl to do’s with that much asparagus? My initial thought was to make my White Cheddar Asparagus Soup, which I did and it was awesome of course. But I had a pound left so I couldn’t let it go to waste and that’s when I thought about lunches. I could make something with it for my lunches this week. And that is exactly what I did this time. If I am being honest, I am even considering make this for Thanksgiving Dinner. It would make a perfect light addition to any meal.
Served up warm as a simple side for a quick weeknight dinner, make it ahead of time and share it cold at your next get together with family and friends, or pack it in your lunch. No one really needs to know how easy it is to make!
This Asparagus Tomato Couscous Salad give you a simple and healthy salad that is great warm or cold! Makes the perfect lunch on the go!
Cook Couscous and Asparagus.
- 2 cups uncooked plain couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup & 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a medium size pot, bring the broth, asparagus, 2 tablespoons olive oil and one tablespoon of butter to a boil.
- Add the couscous, stir quickly to combine, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked couscous to a large bowl.
- Using a fork to fluff the couscous until the butter is melted and everything is evenly combined. This may take a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the couscous slowly, tossing the asparagus mixture as you dress the salad until everything is lightly coated.
- Toss in the feta cheese and serve warm or at room temperature.
- When fluffing the couscous, make sure you don’t use a spoon, because it will make the couscous clump together rather than keeping it light and fluffy.