Asparagus Artichoke Parmesan Spaghetti Squash – oven roasted spaghetti squash tossed with asparagus tips and an artichoke parmesan sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.
Today is one of those days where I was hungry and nothing to fix. So the freezer / pantry raid began; and it proved to be successful!
I love spaghetti squash. It is so great because it goes with everything and this dish is no different. The blend of flavors is delicious.
Oven roasted spaghetti squash tossed with asparagus tips and an artichoke parmesan sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese = yummy goodness!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 15 oz frozen or fresh asparagus, tips only
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can artichoke quarters, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated mozzarella for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish.
- Rub the cut side of the squash with a teeny bit of olive oil.
- Place inside a baking dish or atop rimmed baking sheet and roast face-down for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and the once rock-hard exterior of the squash will be visibly softened.
- While the squash roasts, start on the sauce.
- Add a little bit of olive oil to a medium skillet set on medium-high heat; add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Next add the artichoke and asparagus; stir until heated.
- Add your cream, cream cheese and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Once squash is done roasting, use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash placing the strands into a large bowl; keep the squash shells.
- Add your sauce to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Divide the squash evenly back into each shell, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Turn your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until cheese is lightly browned.